Skip to main content

Prince Caspian Trailer

The Prince Caspian Trailer is now available to view online. Click here: http://www.narniaweb.com/news.asp?id=1355&dl=14478175.

To read about some atheists who were outraged by this trailer appearing before a showing of The Golden Compass, click here: http://comicsnexus.insidepulse.com/articles/72400/2007/12/08/atheists-outraged-by-film-trailer.html.

With all the hullabaloo about Philip Pullman's Golden Compass, Christians practically boycotting the film, and now atheists complaining about the Narnia trailer showing prior to the film, it makes me wonder why more parents don't show the same sense displayed by C. S. Lewis's parents. Albert and Flora Lewis had many books in their home and their sons were allowed to read anything they wanted. In the case of those two boys, such freedom to read and be exposed to different ideas doesn't seem to have harmed them.

Comments

Anonymous said…
I know that this has nothing to do with the Caspian Post, but since it is the latest I thought that perhaps it would get your attention. I was talking to a friend about C. S. Lewis' views on evolution. How would (or does) Lewis attempt reconcile natural selection with God's guidence? Would Appendix B of Miracles be a good place to start?

Thanks for your help.
Will Vaus said…
The appendix to Miracles where Lewis talks about God's providence may provide a bit of an answer. However, Lewis never got very specific about reconciling ideas of evolution and creation. I have a chapter all about this in my book which you may want to read if you haven't already done so. Also, there are some back issues of the New York C. S. Lewis Society Bulletin which deal with the same issue. I hope this helps.